Are you a lover of the fashion industry? Have you been looking for a clothing business that will help you balance your love of fashion and love of art? If so, a print-on-demand t-shirt business is just the right option for you. But how can you make money from it?
So many print-on-demand t-shirt businesses have closed down because their owners lack the necessary knowledge to keep the business running. This article will provide you with the right knowledge you need to make money with print on demand t-shirts. Keep reading!
Why Print On Demand?
Low Set-up Costs
You do not need a huge amount of capital to run your print-on-demand business. You need your phone, a good internet connection, and a small miscellaneous fee to handle some payments you have to make. Print on demand requires that you buy or create artwork, partner with a printing company, set up your online store, and market your products.
You Have Less Work To Do
A Print-on-demand business allows you to sit back, relax and let your print on demand partner do the hard work. You do not need own printing machines or even inventory, all you need to do is a partner with a good printing company, and you are ready. All these you can do from the comfort of your house.
Online Sites To Make Money With Print On Demand T-shirts
One way to make money with print on demand t-shirts is by having your online store. Various websites online allow you to use their website to sell your products. We have a few recommendations for you below.
Zazzle.com: Zazzle.com is an excellent option for your print-on-demand t-shirt business. One advantage of this website is that they provide shipping services to over two hundred countries worldwide. Having such a variety of countries to work with gives more access to your target audience.
Spreadshirt: We recommend Spreadshirt because of their easy to use online product designer, which makes it easy to visualise your design on the products you're selling. This tool is easy to use, so you do not need to be a graphic designer.
Cafepress: This is another service provider we recommend to you to aid your online marketing sales as a print-on-demand t-shirt business owner. This is a common print-on-demand website because you aren't limited to just selling t-shirts.
Another reason Cafepress is popular is that it doesn't require you to make any payment before joining them. Cafepress allows you to have your online store and webpage, which is a great tool for the marketing and sales of your product.
How To Make Money With Print On Demand T-shirts
- First, choose a design you want to use on your t-shirt. If you are a graphic designer, you can make one for yourself. Another alternative is to buy artwork from online stores or employ a designer to make a customized design for you.
- After this, make a preorder for the shirts used from the print on the demand service provider you are working with. If you don't preorder, you can only place an order with your partnering company when you have someone placing an order for your product.
- Afterwards, Create your online store and market your products to attract your target audience.
- Once you make sales, your print on demand partner will take care of printing, packaging & shipping straight to your customer.
- At the end of the month, the print-on-demand website sends the profit you have made. Some websites will charge you membership fees, while others won't. It all depends on the service provider you are partnering with.
A print on demand t-shirt business can be very profitable. You can do this from the comfort of your home, thereby giving you the luxury of time and the ease of coming up with effective marketing strategies. Put them all in place and see how successful your print-on-demand t-shirt business will be.